Skip to content

Toggle service links
conference20

WHAT A WEEK!

Student Voice Week is a celebration of all the different ways that students can get involved in Open University decision-making.

This year the #OUStudentVoiceWeek ran between Sunday 15 and Saturday 21 November 2020.

I really enjoyed every session I attended. Well done to the organisers and all the speakers. It was great!

Over 600 students attended a range of activities throughout the week, hosted by the OU and the OU Students Association. This included online workshops, Adobe Connect sessions, VLE forums and social media activities; covering topics from Decolonising the Curriculum to Meeting the Student Support Chatbot. There were also specific sessions for students in Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

These are just a few examples from a packed week of activity. The full timetable is still available to view

It was a great opportunity for students to provide their thoughts and feedback, learn more about the University as well as meet fellow students and academic staff along the way. Students were able to play a key role in shaping improvements to the student experience.

Very interesting and insightful session. Great to hear directly from senior academics in the faculty.

Really interesting and informative session.It has inspired me to get more involved with Student Voice.

The successful Meet the OU Senior Team - Q & A provided students with an informal session to hear from, chat with and ask questions to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Students), two of our faculties’ Executive Deans and the OU Students Association Vice President for Education.

meetthepanel

Excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed Student Voice Week.